Monday, July 26, 2010




There's this band in Michigan, maybe Detroit, who's really great. They're called Conspiracy Of Owls, and aside from the kinda shitty band name, they're nothing short of spectacular. Their sound brings to mind some of R. Stevie Moore's weirder tracks, especially his lo-fi recordings in the late 70's and 80's, and the spooky bedroom gut-twirlings of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti. These folks are kind of a mystery to me, as I'm new on the Motor City scene, but I hope to get the chance to play with 'em. Give a hoot. Check them out.

EDIT: Ok. After listening to "A Silver Song", I can't complain about the name. They could be called Billy Bobby's Butt-fuckin' Bar-Mitzvah and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to me. Transcendent.

P.S.

I dunno who gets credit for that image, but it's real neat.

No comments: